Sunday, October 7, 2012
Wendy's Best Writing-Related Tweets from the Week of October 1
* Fiction Writers, Skip the Paris Cafes and Get a Good Pen - Word Craft - http://ow.ly/e6AuR
Not so sure I want to give up Paris cafes and I hate writing my novels in longhand!
* Women, Men And Fiction: Notes On How Not To Answer Hard Questions : NPR - http://ow.ly/e7Df9
I love this: “Nothing is more vexing than a question where 10 percent of the public discussion is spent trying to answer it and 90 percent is spent arguing about whether it matters. Such is the question of why, in many major publications, far more books by men are reviewed than books by women.”
* Why the Internet and Ebooks Are Changing Publishing and Writing for the Better: http://ow.ly/e9RD7
Vitriol, fear and reactionary responses abound around the changes going on in publishing.
* 90+ Published Novels Began as NaNoWriMo Projects - GalleyCat http://ow.ly/ecYnn
Every month is NaNoWriMo for me but I’m all for people participating!
* Being a cartoonist is a bit like being a writer of very, very short stories: The New Yorker http://ow.ly/edtmt
There are some funny New Yorker jokes about writing here.
*In defense of #chicklit: "I wrote a book about a woman, for women, and I’m proud." - Slate Magazine http://ow.ly/ehzEW
Still people are forced to “defend” chicklit.